The following basic formulas can help you jump start your store’s KPI program.
• Revenues per employee:
Sales ÷ number of employees
• Average retail sales:Sales ÷ number of retail transactions
• Average sale with water test:Sales with water tests ÷ number of water tests
Profitability, productivity and vitality KPIs
• Net profit percentage:
Net profit ÷ total sales
• Service win percentage:Number of service calls completed on first call ÷ total number of service calls
• Budget variance:Actual expenses compared to budgeted expenses
• Vitality index (how new products contribute to revenue growth):New product sales ÷ total sales
Thanks to Dennis Marunde, president of Crystal Lake, Ill.-based Arvidson Pools & Spas; Brian Quint, president of Seattle-based Aqua Quip; and Chris Curcio, president of Litehouse Pools & Spas in Strongsville, Ohio.