Fdecomite, Flickr

From KCRG:

Police are investigating the death of a 9-year-old girl after her parents say she was electrocuted by a pool light that was under repair.

McKenzie Kinley, 9, was a rising fifth grader and cheerleader who also played soccer, according to a family friend. (Source: Elizabeth Moore/KCRA/Hearst/CNN)McKenzie Kinley, 9, was swimming in her father’s backyard pool last Sunday with three friends when tragedy struck.

"I know they were racing from one end of the pool to the other, and I guess, apparently, she got to the other side of the pool and grabbed a hold of the cord of the light. That’s all I know. The next thing you know, I got the worst phone call you could ever have,” said McKenzie’s father, Cliff Kinley.

The 9-year-old’s family says the pool light was under repair, and to their knowledge, it was not connected to a power source.

Read More