Labor Day weekend ended in tragedy for one family in North Carolina when A 17-year-old North Raleigh lifeguard died in an electrified swimming pool , according to The News & Observer.

Rachel Anna Rosoff, a senior at Enloe High School, was electrocuted and drowned in the Heritage Point subdivision pool in North Raleigh.

Although records show the pool passed all of its county inspections in the last two years, electrical equipment is not part of the regular inspections, according to the news outlet.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission cites 14 deaths related to electrocutions in pools from 2003 to 2014. However, this is the second this year alone and the latest in a string of recent incidents. The summer kicked off with two non-fatal electrocutions, the second and third of this past spring. On Easter, 43-year-old James Tramel died after rescuing his daughter from an electrified pool.

Read more >