In response to the aquatics industry’s increasing competitive and economic challenges, Aquatics International is launching an online educational conference called “Reinventing Aquatics: Collaboration, Innovation and Inspiration.”
The event will be offered on the Web only, for free, beginning Nov. 10. Then it will be available on demand for six months following that date.
“In a world where travel budgets have all but disappeared, we’re bringing the conference to you through your computer,” said Gary Thill, editor of Aquatics International, the sister magazine of this publication; both are owned by Hanley Wood, LLC Inc.
Six seminars will be offered, hosted by a variety of experts, researchers and industry veterans. They include:
- Kathleen Reilly, public affairs specialist and spokesperson, Consumer Product Safety Commission, “VGB Compliance”
- Scott Hester, director of design and partner, Counsilman-Hunsaker, “Writing Effective RFPs and RFQs”
- Randy Mendioroz, principal, Aquatic Design Group, “Using Green Technology and Design”
- Kevin Potucek, vice president of product management, Hayward Pool Products, “The 21st Century Aquatics Facility”
* Matt Freeby, project manager, and Doug Whiteaker, principal-in-charge, Water Technology Inc., “Renovation vs. New Construction”
- Michael Beach, associate director for healthy water, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Crypto: Truth, Consequences, Solutions”
“As aquatics industry professionals struggle with shrinking budgets and staffs, they're looking for ideas and insights on how to change to meet these new challenges,” Thill said. “All of these seminars were conceived with that goal in mind.”
A recent online poll conducted by Aquatics International revealed that 85 percent of aquatics professionals can’t afford to travel to as many events this year.
“We’re completely redefining the concept of an educational event,” Thill added.
To register and learn more, visit www.aquaticsvirtualconf.com.