- Fork in the Road: The Facilitator
Mary Manion wanted to fulfill a fallen soldier's promise to build a pool for his family. Little did she know it would change her life.
- On the Homefront: The Parent
Luke Hertzog's daughter was born with cerebral palsy. Ultimately, she became the inspiration for his business success.
- The Danger Zone: The Warrior
Brett Kingstone's war with counterfeiters nearly cost him his company. His drive for innovation saved it.
- In the Line of Duty: The Investor
With the threat of large, corporate distributors looming, Phil Gelhaus had some big decisions to make.
- The Circle of Life: The Visionary
After a nearly fatal bout with cancer, Alan Smith decided to help make the world a better place. Today, he's doing just that.
- The Perfect Project: The Overnight Success
As a novice designer in 2002, Debbie Runnels-Pendley created the company's signature pool and elevated her career.
For more inspirational stories, see the complete Turning Points section in the November 27, 2006 issue of Pool & Spa News.