The wait is over. The International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo kicks off this week in Las Vegas as thousands of pool and spa industry professionals converge at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center for networking and education opportunities. Here are five highlights that you won’t want to miss.
1. The Hayward School of Business For the first time, Hayward Pool Products will present a seminar series on business-specific topics, including hiring and management, business ethics, and how the Internet has changed the traditional buying cycle. Each 45-minute class is led by an industry expert and includes a question-and-answer session. Space is limited, so arrive early to get a seat at the head of the class.
2. Tweet and Greet with Pool & Spa News Join the Pool & Spa News team and other industry pros to learn from your colleagues and exchange ideas on using Twitter for business and social media, its impact on the industry, and other issues we face heading into 2014. The informal gathering is happening on November 12 at 4:30 p.m. Make sure you follow the magazine on Twitter (@poolspanews) and you could win an iPad mini!
3. The Rec Room All new for 2013, this year’s exhibition floor will feature a special section showcasing pool house and game room products, including billiard tables, ping pong tables, foosball, darts and pinball machines. Stop in to try your luck testing out the games in the Rec Room Olympics. Daily high scorers have the chance to win a prize valued at $3,500.
4. U.S. Pool Markets Reportfvuqexdwdvttz Get the latest market data in this conference session led by Hanley Wood Chief Economist Jonathan Smoke. Data comes from Hanley Wood’s Metrostudy division, which tracks pool activity in detail, nationwide. Attendees will receive a free copy of a summary report of the presentation. This event, scheduled for November 13 at 1:30 p.m., is sponsored by Reemay.
5. Expo Mobile App Stay organized and in the know with the Expo mobile app, available for the iPhone, Android and Blackberry platforms. Also watch your email inbox for daily e-newsletter updates.
What are you most looking forward to? Share your thoughts here or on Twitter @poolspanews.